Other than the Asia-only Red Sale that takes places once a year around Chinese New Year, the most common ways of getting a tiny discount on Apple products are:
- Student discount - if you have any friends or relatives who are still students and have an ".edu" email address, then you can get a small education discount from apple.com
- Corporate discount - if you (or your friends) work for one of those few companies with a corporate package with Apple (Miss Curator only knows of one bank at the IFC), then you can get a small staff discount at the Apple Shop by presenting your staff ID card.
Of course, you may also get one of those free coffee mugs or shopping bags from Broadway or Fortress from time to time... if you even want one, that is.
Perhaps very few people are aware that you can also get discounts on some of the Apple products during the Lane Crawford sale. If you happen to be looking to get an iPhone 5C or and iPad Air, then you should definitely go check out Lane Crawford's electronics section in their Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay or online store.
These items are currently on sale with around 10% off at the following prices:
- iPhone 5C 16GB - HK$4,190 (~10% off from HK$4,688)
- iPhone 5C 32GB - HK$5,090 (~10% off from HK$5,688)
- iPad Air Wifi + Cellular 32GB - HK$5,190 (~10% off from 5,688)